Experience the Camino
Please be advised that we are operating with limited resources. We want to assure you that we take the health and well-being of our clients and staff very seriously. Like you, we're closely monitoring the quickly developing effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Please email email@example.com if you have any queries regarding your trip.
Experience The Camino ｜Escorted Tour
The Camino is a network of paths which leads to Santiago de Compostela and the route originated as a pilgrimage to the tomb of St James. The French Way is by and large the most popular route, with the last section from Sarria, ending in Santiago de Compostela, the most walked. We provide all our walkers with a pilgrim passport to be stamped at churches, hotels and cafes along the route, and on arrival in Santiago, you can present your passport at the pilgrim office to obtain your Camino certificate!
Rather than spending a night in each town along the way, our itinerary sees you spend 3 nights in the town of Lugo and 4 nights in Santiago. We will transfer you to and from the walk each morning and afternoon. This means you don’t need to pack your bags and check-out each morning before walking which adds a little more comfort to your Camino. Our guide’s expertise will also help to ensure you have a valuable and enriching experience whilst walking the Camino.
Day 1 :
Make your way to Dublin airport for your flight to Santiago de Compostela. After your arrival in Santiago Airport, you will be transferred to the Lugo Hotel.
08:30 | Morning transfer from Lugo Hotel to Sarria. Walk from Sarria to Portomarin (approx 22km/6hr).
17:00 | Evening transfer from Portomarin to Lugo Hotel.
08:30 | Morning transfer from Lugo Hotel to Portomarin. Walk from Portomarin to Palas de Rei (approx 24km/6.5hr).
17:00 | Evening transfer from Palas de Rei to Lugo Hotel.
08:30 | Check out of Lugo Hotel. Morning transfer from Lugo Hotel to Palas de Rei. Walk from Palas de Rei to Arzua (approx 29km/7.5hrs).
17:00 | Evening transfer from Arzua to Santiago Hotel.
08:30 | Morning transfer from Santiago Hotel to Arzua. Walk from Arzua to Pedrouzo (approx 21km/5.5hr).
17:00 | Evening transfer from Pedrouzo to Santiago de Compostela Hotel.
08:00 | Morning transfer from Santiago de Compostela Hotel to Pedrouzo. Walk from Pedrouzo to Santiago de Compostela (approx 18km/5hr).
09:30 | Santiago City Tour, followed by free afternoon to explore the city.
14:00 | Transfer from Santiago de Compostela Hotel to Santiago Airport for your return flight to Dublin.
For more information, please email our Camino specialist, Martin, or call him on 01 241 0800.
- Currency: Euro (€, EUR)
- Local time: GMT + 1 hour
- Airports: Santiago de Compostela (SCQ); Bilbao (BIO); Lourdes (LDE)
- Flight duration: 1 hours 50 minutes approximately
- Languages: Spanish, Galician, Basque, French, Portuguese depending on the areas visited; many people speak English
- Climate: Humid Oceanic climate typical of the Spanish Atlantic coast with warm comfortable temperatures throughout the year and only subtle differences between the seasons: mild winters (average temperature 15°C) and warm summers, regularly reaching 23-24°C and at times rising considerably higher.
- Voltage: 220V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets continental round 2 pin type are used.
- Visa: not required for EU citizens; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities
- Passport: EU passport holders travelling to Spain, France and Portugal must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities